Going on a cruise is something that nearly everyone should try at least once in a lifetime, but preferably once a year. (O.K. More like once a season)
You’ll get hooked once you get onto a cruise ship. Here are some really cool things that will surprise and delight you on a cruise.
- The food is amazing. Seriously. Amazing! If you fancy a sit down, adults dinner, you’re covered. 7 course dinner? There are options for that. Burgers and fries? Those too. Sushi? Yep. The hardest decision is WHAT sounds interesting at the moment. Whether you are in the mood for a gourmet meal, or something simpler, there are all kinds of options. It is worth noting that if you have food allergies, many cruise lines can accommodate those as well. Make sure you check with your travel agent prior to travel for dietary restrictions to ensure that you choose the best option for your needs.
- The spas are delightful. What could be better than a world-class spa? The spas on every cruise ship are amazing. Many of them have a spa area, salt caves, saunas, and more available to you on the cruise.
If you’ve ever fancied trying out a body scrub, a facial, massage, acupuncture, or all kinds of wonderful things, you will have the opportunity to try them out on board. Pro tip: Book a spa day for a day when the ship is docked, and you may score a nice discount.
- Shore Excursions are So Much Fun! Shore excursions are amazing. Each destination has its own array of options, and you get the fun of enjoying each location and a new location each day without having to pack and unpack at each location. It’s a win-win! Options can include snorkeling, boat rides, swimming, water parks, or viewing the glaciers in Alaska. Simply pick a cruise destination, and enjoy your shore excursions.
- Room Service. One of the really, really cool features of being on a cruise is room service, whenever you want it. If you’re tired, and feeling lazy, or just want a romantic night in the cabin, order room service!
- Towel Animals. One of the really cool things is that your cabin gets serviced not once, but TWICE a day while you’re on-board. It’s almost like those amazing stewards hop in and clean your room while you’re not looking. It’s kinda magic, really. The even cooler part is that they will leave a really cool towel animal every night. Towel monkeys, elephants, you get the whole zoo! It is truly a wonder to see what they’ll come up with next.
- Serene Adult Spaces. Every ship has an adults-only area, where you can grab a chaise and stare out over the sea, and watch the waves as you sail on by. You can stare from a sunny spot, or a shady spot. Your choice. They are all wonderful. In fact, you just MIGHT have to try them all.
- Fun Activities. One thing that you may be surprised by is the sheer amount of activities available on-board the ship. Not only do they have tons of restaurants, swimming pools, water slides, and more, but they also have lots of shows, and other cool entertainment. Depending on the ship, you may have a Casino, ice skating rinks, a polar ice bar, and all kinds of wild and wacky fun. The real problem is that you probably won’t be on the ship long enough to enjoy ALL of the entertainment options that are available to you!
- Shopping and Duty Free. One of the cool things about traveling internationally is the Duty Free stores. You get to shop and purchase all kinds of amazing items, from perfumes, to liquors, to luxury handbags, jewelry, and more, all without paying tax on those items. It can be a substantial savings, if you follow the duty free and customs limits. One tip- don’t try to bring Cuban Cigars back into the USA. You’ll have to smoke those while you are still on the cruise.
- People watching. If you are into people watching, every cruise ship is going to be a LOT of fun for you. You get to see people from all walks of life, from many different backgrounds, and it can be quite the entertaining experience watching them.
- Rocking to sleep in your bunk. It is really cool to fall asleep at night being gently rocked to sleep in your bunk. In fact, there is almost nothing like the amazing feel of that gentle rocking, with that lovely sea salt air, to help lull you off to sleep.
With so many things to enjoy on a cruise, you will probably want to try them ALL out. You can cruise to so many fun, and different destinations, like Hawaii, Europe, Alaska, the Caribbean, Bermuda, and MORE. There are even some super long cruises that will take you around the entire globe. How cool is that?